Thursday, October 2, 2008

Prison Break Rules!!!

I just finished watching Prison Break, Season 1(Thanks for the DVD’s, Bhai!) and my first reaction is Phew!!

Its an amazingly fast-paced thriller and has all the elements of drama, mystery and suspense in it. I don’t think I’ll be watching any other “thriller” any time soon, ‘coz everything else is going to seem so bland after this. The show is meticulously filmed, down to the last detail. The one more thing that I’ve loved about it is that it’s exceedingly realistic. The course of events is not written in a manner to suit the protagonist. In fact, the whole story unfolds in such a way that even the brilliantly worked-out plan of Michael Scofield(the protagonist) falters and in the process we get to see even the human sides of all the prisoners(Yes, even Michael, who I thought was sans emotion :P)

The show has it all – nail-biting moments, tear-jerking moments, moments which make you sigh in relief and moments which simply make you sit back and smile.

Another thing I wanted to tell you about is the prison where they’ve filmed this show. Now, this amazes me, ‘coz atleast for us Indians, when you watch the show(if you’re lucky, that is!), you’ll find that the prison looks nothing short of a luxury hotel, whereas just after I finished watching the first season, I learnt that the prison where they filmed the show was actually a real prison which they stopped using ‘coz the authorities found that it was “inhuman” to keep prisoners there. Huh?

I don’t know what they’re going to say if they visit the Indian jails. But I’ll save that for later… For now, I recommend this show as a MUST WATCH.

I figure I could go on and on about PB like listing my favourite scene, my favourite situation that Michael finds himself in, my favourite piece of background music(Yes, the background music plays a very integral part in the show), etc. etc… But, I figure I won’t because: 1)it’ll spoil the fun for many people who haven’t watched PB yet but plan to, and 2)’coz I’ve got much better things to do – like watching Prison Break-Season 2 !!!!
So long, fellas! [Bas bas Arushi, zyada jealous hone ki zaroorat nahin hai :P ;) ]

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

not a all dear...as long as u dont reveal anythin further......

Anonymous said...

Hey.. Gr8 blog and a gr8 post!! And you are right... Prison break completely rules!!!!

Happy blogging in future!!!

Anonymous said...

Finally got a chance to c the genius at work! really cool stuff yar..
i've never been much of a PB fan.. infact i've never watched it.. but ok ok.. i WILL!
All the best for all ur future posts..!! keep writing.. tc!

...Arshdeep said...

@ sherein...

Thanks for the huge compliment... Since it's coming from u, its even more special...!!!

And do watch PB... i know u'll luv it!!

And stay tuned in for more:)

Unknown said...

now since u'v said...den dare i deny it...il surely watch and good fate of the movie that arshdeep is it's fan ....the movie's director should gagaga over it...after all he's able to hyptonize a studious gurl...n dat to arshdeep....!!!! cool dude!!!

...Arshdeep said...

@ diksha

ummm... prison brk isnt a movie... its a weekly...appears on television...

btw...who's the studious girl here??

anyways, thanks for dropping by to check out my blog:)